Saturday, November 17, 2012

Home today....

My wonderful S is arriving home today....

In fact as I write this he is somewhere overhead on the first of the 2 flights to get to LAX. He has to fly via Houston, so it will be a long day for him.
I woke to a text, saying he was waiting in the lounge at NW Ark, and would call when he touched down in Houston.
The boys and I will drive to LAX to meet his 2nd flight which lands at noon, all being well!
I can't believe it is only 3 weeks to the day since he set off for Arkansas - some days it feels more like 3 years, and it is true that the stress of the house buying and separation have not been kind to us. We are both feeling a disconnect that neither of us like, so it will be good to have a whole 10 days together for Thanksgiving before he heads back to work and finalizes everything on the house.

The last time I drove by myself to LAX, you may remember I got horrendously lost. This time, I am feeling much more confident, and I will have the boys with me to set me straight if it looks like I might be going wrong somewhere. I am less worried about navigating the airport itself, than I am the 3 freeways I need to take to get to it, which is slightly strange seeing as the airport is a maze of off roads and car parks and too many lanes going to too few places. Still Terminal 6, here we come.

So - Thanksgiving is only next week - Thursday for anyone who doesn't know!
We are going to be spending it with family. We are driving up to San Fran to spend a few days with S's Dad and Step-Mom, his brother and his family, and his sister and her husband. S decided that he really wasn't up for the chaos of fighting for the bathroom and sleeping on a blow up on the floor, so has booked us into a hotel for our time up there. To me, coming from a family where big get togethers are par for the course and sleeping on a blowup mattress a compulsorily part of family life, I think that he has lost the plot somewhat here. However, he assures me that the hotel is only a mile from the house, and that we will spend all of our time with the family, only returning to the hotel to sleep......We will see! I love the atmosphere of having everyone together, and with our move taking place in less than a month now, this may be the last time we get to see this side of the family for quite a while, so I want to make the most of it!

What are all of you planning for Thanksgiving?
Whatever it is I hope that you all have a fun time and get to make the most of the holiday time.
Have a great day!





1 comment:

  1. Buying a house is said to be on the top 5 most stressful things in life. Hang in there.

    Do they do Thanksgiving in the UK? (Blimey those Indians are so helpful we should give thanks..pip pip and all that!)

    Is this your first?

    It is the best of all Holidays (except Christmas for kids!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading what you think of my posts.

Lou :-)